Children, Young People & Families
There are wide ranging services for children and young people (C&YP) available through voluntary and community organisations, from family support groups helping from birth, childhood and teenage years, activities for toddlers and young children, sports opportunities, counselling services, support for young carers and opportunities for trips and holidays.
Talent Match is a project managed by Support Staffordshire which supports 18 – 24 year olds on their pathway to get into employment; delivered in Cannock, Lichfield & Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Here are some of our members to give you an idea of the sorts of groups we support
- Saxon Hill Community School
- Girl Guiding & The Scout Association
- UKAP (ADHD) Support Groups
- Doxey Pre-school Community Services
- Beaudesert Sports Field & Recreation Ground Trust
How we work with groups
Support Staffordshire represents all C&YP VCSE organisations at Staffordshire County Council monthly meetings: supporting the changes to the way Children’s Services will be delivered, and promoting links between VCSE and other areas of children’s services, including:-
- Early Help
- DBS checks
- Annual Conversation at Children’s Centres
- Building Resilient Families & Communities (BRFC) – referring families to services for children, young people and family support
Main partners and organisations
We work with a number of partners and organisations, including:-
- Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services (SCVYS)
- Local Authorities, DCLs
- Directory & Book Services (DABS)
Support Staffordshire also participate in a number of Partnership Boards
- Families Strategic Partnership Board – We have 2 VCSE places, currently SCVYS and VAST. We receive reports and updates, and pass on information through our e-bulletin and social media
- Executive Group and Integrated Commissioning Group - This includes attendance at the Children’s Strategic Catch-up, and helping Staffordshire County Council with changes through pilots etc.
- Building Resilient Families Leader Group
- Building Resilient Families Project Board – We represent the voluntary sector, especially the accredited providers.
- Building Resilient Families Locality Boards – We link voluntary services to the children and families agenda.
Follow our Twitter List on Children & Young People for the latest news.
For further information, or an informal chat, about how we can help you on this subject or any other, please contact your locality office during their opening hours, or on 0300 777 1207 anytime Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm. You can also email us at email@example.com