Half Day Course
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at those who are new to supporting or supervising staff or who would like to refresh their skills.
Effective support and supervision of staff involves using many skills. This course aims to equip new and existing line managers with all the tools they need. The course will cover the role of supervising, holding one to one meetings including appraisals, how to listen well to staff and provide feedback, how to motivate and dealing with poor performance.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand the role of support and supervision and the difference between the two
- Be able to hold effective one to one meetings - what will be discussed and how to document the meeting
- Demonstrate active listening skills and provide appropriate feedback
- Be able to motivate and encourage staff to reach their potential
- Be able to deal with poor performance including techniques in how to discuss it
- Be able to delegate and manage your own time better