Social Prescriber Community Link Workers
- Do you have great listening and communication skills?
- Have you got experience of helping others and a passion for supporting people through information, advice and guidance?
- If you have good local knowledge of community activities and the initiative to find out more, then being a social prescribing community link worker could be the great new role for you.
- You will need to be organised, able to manage a caseload, have experience of working with local community groups, have sound IT skills, be able to keep good records and ideally have managed volunteers before.
St Giles Hospice, Support Staffordshire, Age UK Staffordshire and South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health are working in partnership with East Staffordshire Primary Care Network to develop and deliver a local approach to social prescribing.
We are looking to recruit four social prescriber community link workers to work with General Practice Surgeries and the local voluntary sector based throughout East Staffs.
- Post 1: covering Uttoxeter and the surrounding areas will be employed by St Giles Hospice.
- Post 2: covering Burton will be employed by Support Staffordshire
- Post 3: covering Burton will be employed by South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health
- Post 4: covering Branston, Alrewas and the surrounding villages will be employed by Age UK Staffordshire
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team who are working together to improve the well-being of local people in East Staffordshire.
Social prescribing can help to strengthen community resilience and personal resilience, and reduces health inequalities by addressing the wider determinants of health, such as debt, poor housing and physical inactivity, by increasing people’s active involvement with their local communities. Social Prescribing particularly works for people with long-term conditions (including support for mental health), for people who are lonely or isolated, or have complex social needs which affect their wellbeing.
Salary: £24200 (includes £1200 annual travel allowance)
Full time (37 hours) - applicants wanting to work less than full time hours will be considered.
Contract: Initially, fixed term 12 months from start date.
Closing date: 3rd January 2020
For further information:
- For post 1: covering Uttoxeter and surrounding areas employed by St Giles Hospice, please contact Deborah on 01543 434536 or to download an application pack: https://stgileshospice.ciphr-irecruit.com/templates/CIPHR/job_list.aspx
- For post 2: covering Burton employed by Support Staffordshire, please contact Wendy or Lucy on 01283 543414 or see job related downloads below.
- For post 3: covering Burton employed by South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health. Contact Gemma or Beth on 01543 301139 for an application form.
- For post 4: covering Branston, Alrewas and the surrounding villages employed by Age UK Staffordshire, please contact Lisa on 01785 788470 or download an application pack: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/staffordshire/about-us/jobs