Half Day Course
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at staff and volunteers who work with service users, partners and other organisations who wish to better understand professional conduct.
In today’s world individuals are dealt with in a variety of ways - face to face, emails, texting, social media and more. Sometimes it can be easy to let the boundaries slip between professional and personal communications and this course aims to provide the tools to ensure communications are always understood and clear. Different types of communication will be covered as well as how to handle difficult conversations.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand what professionalism means
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of different types of communication methods and how to be an effective listener
- Be able to handle difficult conversations
- Understand boundaries and how to spot when they are slipping
- Understand best practice in texting and emailing