Places of Welcome Facilitator (Black Country)
Closing date: Friday 30 October 2020 | 5pm
Salary £8,736 (£21,840 FTE) + travel expenses, (fixed term contract for 12 months with possible extension subject to funding)
Places of Welcome offer safe spaces within the local community which are open to everyone and provide a friendly face, a cup of tea and a conversation if and when it is needed. We want to ensure that every neighbourhood has places where all people feel safe to belong, connect with others and contribute to their local community. There are over 60 Places of Welcome that were open regularly across the Black Country until Covid 19 forced them to shut. Thoughts are now turning to reopening these important community assets and we are looking for some help to do this whilst prioritising the welfare and safety of volunteers and guests.
If you are passionate about cohesive, safe and happy communities and you have the skills to rebuild the confidence of volunteers and local people to re-establish Places of Welcome, we would love to hear from you. You will need to:
- Be a self starter who can work independently and manage your own workload
- Be a good communicator and able to empathise with others whilst taking a problem solving approach to challenges
- Have experience of working or volunteering in the community sector and networking with a range of partners
- Able to travel across the Black Country (and ideally have experience of working in the area)
- Able to use social and other media creatively in order to promote Places of Welcome
Hours of work would be flexible over the year but likely to average at about 14 per week. This post could be combined with that of Places of Welcome Buddying Co-ordinator.
If you are interested in this role, please complete an application form and send to Helen Titterton of Transforming Communities Together (TCT) on firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 30th October 2020.
Interviews for this role will take place via Zoom. Provisional dates for this are Wednesday 11 and Friday 13 November 2020.