Windrush Day Grant Scheme
Fri 1 Nov 2019
Grants are available for local authorities, charities and community groups to celebrate, commemorate and/or educate about the history of the MV Empire Windrush and the contribution of the Windrush Generation to British economic, social and cultural life.
Windrush Day (22 June) was established to celebrate the large contribution of the Windrush Generation to Britain's cultural, social and economic.
Grants of between £2,500 and £25,000 are available.
Organisations are eligible if:
They are registered charities (including community interest companies) OR meet all the following criteria:
- Are established for charitable, benevolent or philanthropic purposes
- Have a governing body with at least three members
- Have a governing document which they can produce
- Can provide accounts for the last two financial years
- They are community-based and/or community-led
They are a local authority.
The deadline for applications is 8 December 2019 (11:50pm)
For details visit the website.