West Midlands Neonatal Operational Delivery Network (WMNODN) Parent Representative
Mon 13 Jul 2020
Title: Parent Representative
Hours: Attendance at various Network meetings/events as per your avaialbility
Supported by: Neonatal Network
Salary: Reimbursement of Travel and parking expenses paid by WMNODN
Main Purpose of the role:
The Role of Parent Representative is to advise and represent the views and experiences of parents and families whose babies have been cared for in a neonatal unit. Parent representatives play a vital role in driving forward improvements in neonatal care that provide the best quality services for the babies, this can include patient leaflets, educational material, and to help make improvements to units and care that babies and parents experience .
- Ensure parent voice is heard at locality (i.e., LMNS level Birmingham and Solihull, Coventry, Warwickshire and Nuneaton, Black Country, Staffordshire and Shropshire) and WMNODN level
- Represent the views and experiences of parents and babies to inform improvements within the neonatal service.
- Encourage the WMNODN to regularly review parent and family experiences of Neonatal services.
- Ensure the WMNODN seeks the views and opinions of all parents and families who have used the Neonatal Service.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to represent the views of other parents who have had a neonatal journey.
- Confident to present to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work closely with other parent reps within the network.
- Personal experience of a neonatal journey over 12 moths post discharge and within the last 5 years.
- Attendance at locality/WMNODN meetings (often held during the day and at all different locations across the network area). Some maybe held virtually so access to IT maybe required.
- Commitment to the role for a minimum of 1 year
- To be open and honest with respect to any ongoing disputes or unresolved complaints within the Network/unit you are working with
The Network will discuss this on an individual basis to understand the impact which may result in deferral of the process until the matter is resolved.
If you are interested in this role contact Sarah Tranter on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support