Waste Reduction Fund - Deadline 30th September 2019
Wed 21 Aug 2019
Do you have a Staffordshire based project that inspires people to do the right thing with their waste?
Do you have an idea on how to help your community recycle, reuse or reclaim materials?
Does your community group or organisation encourage the reduction of single use plastics?
Safer Communities CIC are working in partnership with Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service to help reduce waste and single use plastic within the county with the aim to help to reduce the ever growing waste fires problem.
Through our Waste Reduction Fund for Communities, you could receive a £500 cash boost or in kind resources up to the value of £500 to help bring your ideas to life. We also may be able to provide volunteers or connect you with community groups in your area to help maximise your project outcomes.
To be eligible your project must demonstrate one or more of the positive impacts on the environment below;
- use of recycled, reused or reclaimed materials to benefit the community environment …. for example a community greenhouse made out of recycled water bottles or community raised beds for growing veg made out of recycled pallets. Maybe you could use recycled materials to make a bug hotel, or turn a disused phone box into a community library or swap shop.
- a project which helps to protect and preserve community resources … maybe you could organise regular litter picks, a community river clean up, tidy up and regenerate a local field or park?
- enhancement of local environments … turning grass verges or roundabouts into wildflower meadows, adding bird feeders to local parks, putting recycling facilities in areas which are prone to litter.
- encourage the reduction of single use plastics and/or demonstrate the re-use of plastics before disposal … for example you could remove plastic cups from water machines and introduce reusable water bottles, encourage people to use plastics again before throwing away, think of a community project which turns single use plastics into something beautiful https://www.boredpanda.com/plastic-bottle-recycling-ideas/ has loads of ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- raise awareness on the world's pollution problem and promote change within your community … could you put on recycling workshops, plastic craft sessions, reduce fast fashion by arranging a community fashion swap?
We want to help small projects make a big difference to their local communities. If you think your project could inspire your community to increase the amount of waste they reuse and recycle, we want to receive your applications today.
Please check our Funding Guidelines to make sure you and your project is eligible before applying.
To apply please fill in the Application Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the next deadline is 30th September 2019.
Please note that funding will be allocated as fairly as possible throughout the county so when you get in touch please let us know when your project will be based so we can advise.