Village Hall Improvement Grant Fund Launched by ACRE
Fri 5 Apr 2019
Village Hall Improvement Grant Fund is now live
The Autumn 2018 budget announced that, to mark the centenary of the Armistice, government would support several initiatives, including making available grant funding to support improvement projects for village halls.
The grant funding will be managed by ACRE on behalf of Defra with support from the ACRE Network, of which Support Staffordshire is part of. The grant aims to help fund the updating and refurbishment of village halls so that they are fit for purpose and provide activities which seek to achieve one or more of the following outcomes for their communities:
• Improved health and wellbeing/reduction in loneliness
• Demonstrates a positive impact on the environment
• Supports the local rural economy
How much can be applied for?
The scheme will fund up to 20% of eligible costs, with a minimum grant of £10,000 and a maximum grant of £75,000 payable. This means overall scheme costs would be between £50,000 and £375,000.
What will be funded?
The following are examples of items of expenditure that could form part of your project. It is not an exhaustive list:
• Internal reconfigurations
• New roof and roof refurbishment which includes insulation
• Improvements which help to increase energy efficiency
• Refurbishment of toilets and kitchens
• Damp proofing
• Installation of Wi-Fi
• Guttering, repointing and drainage
• Replacement of external and/or internal doors
Full details and further eligibility criteria can be found on the attachment, with more information on the link below:
Alternatively, contact your local Support Staffordshire Rural Officer:
SOUTH EAST - Claire Ferris - email@example.com
NORTH EAST - Sue Green - firstname.lastname@example.org
WEST - Michelle Cliff - email@example.com