Veolia Environmental Trust
Fri 7 Aug 2020
Application deadline: 3 September 2020
The Veolia Environmental Trust was set up in 1997 under the Landfill Communities Fund and awards monies derived from landfill tax to support a wide range of environmentally focused projects throughout England. Veolia has contributed more than £87 million which has been used to award more than 2,400 grants to a range of projects.
The Trust is a charity and an Environmental Body registered under the Landfill Tax Regulations established to protect, preserve and improve the environment for the benefit of the public.
The funding is for capital improvement projects at a single site that fall in one of the following categories:
- Community buildings and rooms.
- Outdoor spaces.
- Play and recreation.
- Biodiversity projects.
Projects should fall under one of the following categories:
- Community buildings and rooms, including community centres, village halls, community spaces within religious buildings, and Scout or Girl Guiding buildings.
- Outdoor Spaces, including public parks, nature reserves, community gardens, footpaths, bridleways and cycle-paths.
- Play and recreation, including play areas, skateparks, Multi Use Games Areas (MUGAs), sports grounds, pavilions and changing rooms.
- Biodiversity projects - applications from registered Environmental Bodies with projects that meet ENTRUST requirements
To be eligible, projects must:
- Be open to the wider general public for at least 104 days a year without any limit or unreasonable restrictions of use.
- Have a total cost of under £250,000, including VAT and professional costs.
- Have already secured at least 10% of the total cost.
- Have secured all permissions (eg, planning).
- Be completed within 12 months (18 months for biodiversity projects).
The funder is looking for projects that will:
- Benefit a diverse range of users, including excluded, often overlooked, deprived and hard-to-reach groups.
- Meet a need that has been evidenced through community consultation.
- Involve volunteers.
- Use environmentally friendly solutions.
- Achieve value for money.
- Demonstrate innovation, imagination and excellence.
For more information visit https://www.veoliatrust.org/funding/