UK Parliament’s Outreach & Engagement Service Release Three Short Films About Race Relations & Equalities Legislation
Fri 22 Jul 2016
Announcement from The UK Parliament’s Outreach and Engagement Service:-
We have released three short films, called Your Story, Our History, about how race relations and equalities legislation have affected the lives of three different people. We’re really excited about these films and have shared them on social media, and we would love it if you could share them with your social media accounts too.
The films include accounts from three individuals - Shango, Leyla, and Janett - who talk about their personal experiences of race relations and how they have been shaped by the UK Parliament’s legislation. The films are about the relevance of the UK Parliament and why it’s important that people from across the UK should get involved and make their voices heard, to shape the debates and decisions that it makes.
How you can share the films
- Simply retweet and share the videos and messages on our Twitter feed or our Facebook page.
- Compile your own messages. You can choose which video to share individually or share them all at once.
- You can share our post on Facebook. Be sure to share the Facebook video rather than the YouTube link so that we can get the videos seen by as many people as possible.
- Here is some sample text you can use to share across your networks:
- Listen to Shango’s story to find out how Parliament’s laws have helped to change our lives https://goo.gl/g9Ew55 #YourStoryOurHistory.
- Shango's story: How race relations Acts have changed the lives of Afro-Carribeans in Britain https://goo.gl/g9Ew55 #YourStoryOurHistory.
- Leyla explains the history behind her ancestors and how equality legislation changed her life https://goo.gl/yBdFpY #YourStoryOurHistory.
- Watch Leyla explain what life was like for the first Yemeni’s in Britain https://goo.gl/yBdFpY #YourStoryOurHistory.