Tesco Community Grants
Fri 17 Dec 2021
The Tesco Community Grants programme supports local good causes across the UK. Since it launched in 2016, the programme has supported more than 40,000 community groups with more than £90 million in grants. The scheme aims to make a positive difference to Tesco communities.
The grants programme is administered by the charity Groundwork visit https://tescocommunitygrants.org.uk/
Three projects are voted on by customers in Tesco stores, with projects changing every three months. Customers are given a blue token when they buy their shopping that they can use to make their choice using the voting units in most stores
Three levels of grants are awarded with projects receiving:
- First place (the most votes in its area) - a grant of up to £1,500.
- Second place - a grant of up £1,000.
- Third place - a grant of up to £500.
There are no deadlines. This is a rolling programme and applications can be made at any time. Groups can also reapply at any time.
The application process is as follows. Groups should:
- Read the guidance notes and frequently asked question document before starting the application process.
- Find their local store. This can be done by entering their project's postcode into the store locator on the Tesco website. This information is required for the application form.
- Complete the eligibility checker.