TAMWORTH: Horticulture Buddy Volunteers
Wed 10 Feb 2021
Community Prospects CiC are looking for volunteers to help at our community horticultural project. As a volunteer you will support adults with learning disability by acting as a 'buddy.
This person would be;
- Interest in Gardening/Horticulture within a large 2.5 acre ‘Micro Garden Centre’.
- Interest in working with a variety of Adults with different skills.Assisting with growing a wide variety of crops that are used within the Coffee Shop, sold to the public.
- Working within a group mowing grass, putting together hanging baskets for sale and on site, growing plants for sale, and for on site.
- Looking after plants grown in the Greenhouses, growing plants from seed.
- ‘Buddying’ other people involved with the Project helping their learning, and enhancing personal skills using your own experiences and knowledge.
- ‘Buddying’ people who ‘Learning Differently, are lonely and looking for a ‘Buddy’ to show them how to use the different gardening tools, and how to use them safely.
- To be involved with designing various area’s of the gardens, and to ‘plant up’ area’s with plants grown on site.
- To assist the creation of ‘Conservation Area’s around the site to encourage ‘Wild life’ and to assist with the planting and growing of ‘Wild Flowers’
- To work closely with a small team who ‘oversee’ the gardens
- To act has a ‘BUDDY’ when visiting and working with the WildLife Trust, going off site locally to nature reserves to work with the WildLife Rangers putting up Bird Boxes for example made within our Woodwork project on site.
About Community Prospects CIC
Community Prospects CIC has been established to provide inclusive opportunities for adults with learning disabilities, learning difficulties or mental health to engage in work based learning in order to improve skills and work opportunities.
Community Prospects CIC is also in place to assist anyone who would like to join us in meaningful opportunities via volunteering to increase or maintain their skills, and to be economically active, and being assist on their pathway to be more work or volunteer ready.
Community Prospects CIC will be working with the job centre - volunteer organisations etc. offering experience of working with vulnerable adults and giving opportunities with areas of work around health and social care and assisting people from the community of Tamworth and other areas of Staffordshire become more employable.
Community Prospects CIC welcome applications from anyone looking to enhance their skills and learn new ones by volunteering to work with people who ' learn differently ' and are vulnerable.
Full training is available, supported on the job learning, and direct access to job vacancies with the health and social care field.
What are they looking for?
INTERESTED IN HORTICULTURE, ENJOYMENT OF THE OUTDOORS, GOOD LISTENER, GOOD COMMUNICATOR, WILLING TO SHARE KNOWLEDGE AND IDEAS AND LEARN FROM OTHERS, WORK WITHIN A GROUP, WORK WITH ADULTS WHO ‘LEARN DIFFERENTLY’ AND OTHER PEOPLE FROM THE COMMUNITY WITH A VARIETY OF SKILLS.
WE WILL PAY YOUR TRAVEL EXPENSES, AND OFFER YOU OPPORTUNITIES FOR TRAINING IN HOUSE OR EXTERNAL WITHIN HORTICULTURE & ADULT SOCIAL CARE. IF YOU WANT TO PROGRESS TOWARDS PAID WORK WE WILL SUPPORT YOU TO DO THAT, AND IF APPROPRIATE GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO APPLY FOR ANY VACANCIES THAT MAY ARISE INTERNALLY WITHIN COMMUNITY PROSPECTS CIC.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EDUCATION AND HELATH AND SOCIAL CARE WE WILL GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY AND SUPPORT TO COMPLETE AN NVQ IN ADULT SOCIAL CARE