Stafford Safer Communities Partnership
Fri 4 Dec 2015
The Stafford Safer Communities Partnership last met on 3rd November. Key items discussed included the following:
- PCC People Power Funding - 7 applications were discussed and recommendations made.
- Stafford Safer Neighbourhood Panel – candidates to sit on this panel were still being sought. Anyone interested should contact Tracy Redpath firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safer schools initiative – the aim of this is to reduce vulnerabilities relating to crime and victimisation and promote a safer school environment.
- Crime and anti-social behaviour multi agency work in hot spot areas – if VCSEs are aware of particular problem areas or clusters they can contact Amanda Knight at Stafford Borough Council
- Prevent – each locality community safety partnership will be developing a Prevent plan and there is a duty to incorporate all aspects of Prevent into the community safety strategy
- SPACE – the group reflected on the activity programme that had been delivered over the summer holidays. It was noted that there had been varying degrees of success, mainly due to the short time available to promote the programme.
There are currently two VCSE reps on this Partnership, Jill Norman from Support Staffordshire and Dave Benge from VAST. Any group that wants an issue flagged up at the next meeting (17th December) or more detail on any of the above, can contact Jill Norman on email@example.com