Stafford Borough Council Small Grants
Fri 5 Apr 2019
European Social Fund (ESF) Community Grants are financed through the European Union and are designed to develop the capacity of the community and to meet local needs. Part of this strategy is to help people increase their chances of finding work. Applications are open to organisations based or working within the county of Staffordshire. A full criteria can be found below along with a breakdown of the grants application process, which must be read and fully understood before making your application.
You can apply for a grant of up to £20,000.
These grants will be awarded to voluntary or community groups, registered charities, Social Enterprises, not for profit company's or a company limited by guarantee.
You should be working with the following types of people:
ESF Can only fund organisations working with the following:
- Those aged 16+
- Unemployed, or economically inactive.
- Hard to reach.
- Legally a resident in the UK, with permission to work in the UK
Some of the sorts of project we can fund include:
- First contact engagement activities.
- Projects to improve confidence, motivation and social integration (such as sport, gardening, music, art or other creative activities).
- Developing local networks and groups to support people to get a job or access learning (such as Job Clubs or Learning Champions).
- Soft skills development (such as assertiveness, anger management or motivation).
- Projects using innovative approaches to attract under-represented participants into learning.
- Upskilling and supporting basic skills (such as English and maths).
- Work experience.
- Voluntary work.
- Information and support relating to further learning and work.
- Projects should complement existing provision, and we would expect to see the rationale if a project did not.
For a full breakdown of the European Social Fund grants scheme, take a look at our webpage.
For more information and apply, please click here