Severn Trent Community Fund Coronavirus support
Tue 6 Apr 2021
Charities and non-profit organisations can apply to be considered for a support grant of between £2,000 and £10,000 (depending on the size of the organisation) to help them and our communities get through this very challenging time and bounce back stronger than before.
We expect demand for our support to be high and so, whilst we’d love to, unfortunately we simply can’t fund every application we receive.
Who can apply
To be eligible for this support your organistion must:
- be a charity or not-for-profit organisation with appropriate governance
- be in the Severn Trent region and your beneficiaries must be Severn Trent customers
- have an annual income of no more than £250,000
Organisations must also focus on improving community wellbeing, through one or more of the 3 key elements:
- People: charities that help people lead a happy and healthy life and gain new skills;
- Place: community groups that provides for space to communities to live in and use;
- Environment: organisations that help look after our natural environment or give people better access to the environment.
What we can fund
You can apply for a coronavirus support grant if your organisation is not-for-profit, you have a governing document and your annual income is less than £250,000 (averaged over the past 3 years).
Applications can be made by organisations including:
- Charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) / foundation CIO
- Registered Company (limited by guarantee)
- Registered Charity
- Volunteer / community group
Examples of costs we can fund include day to day running costs and organisational overheads.
To be eligible to apply your organisation must be located in the Severn Trent region and the community you benefit must be Severn Trent customers.
You can CHECK IF YOUR ORGANISATION IS IN OUR REGION using the Water UK supplier finder.
What we can't fund
Unfortunately, we can’t fund:
- Any organisation that is legally able to make a profit (e.g. limited liability partnerships, limited companies, sole traders);
- Any organisation with an annual income of over £250,000, averaged over 3 years;
- Scout, Girl Guide and Cadet groups;
- Activities with a political or religious purpose;
- Organisations not within the Severn Trent region;
- Short term/one off events;
- Any organisation that cannot demonstrate appropriate governance.
How to apply
Before you apply, please check that your organisation is eligible and that your request fits our fund aims.
We've also created a guidance page to help with your application.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org