Preparing to Volunteer Training Sessions
Mon 15 Jun 2020
This is a short course consisting of 1 weekly session for 4 weeks. This course is NOT face to face and has been designed to make it accessible to all. It will take approximately 10 hours in total to complete. You can choose ANY of the following ways on a week to week basis:-
- Internet based videos and self-study with telephone support OR
- Workbook based study only with telephone support OR
- Weekly group Zoom meetings followed by individual support
Who should attend?
Are you new to volunteering and are interested in continuing?
Are you thinking about volunteering but are not sure where to start?
Would you like to find out more about what it involves and what your responsibilities are?
Whatever your circumstances, this short course will help you understand volunteering, support you in your place of volunteering or find an opportunity that is right for you.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand why organisations need volunteers and the benefits of volunteering
- Identify attributes of a good volunteer and a good organisation
- Have a basic understanding of volunteering and the law
- Have an understanding of what to do when things go wrong and how to deal with difficult situations
- Identify barriers to starting volunteering and learn strategies of ways of how best to overcome barriers
- Develop strategies to raise positive thinking, build self-confidence by identifying personal skills and qualities
- Identify suitable types of volunteering opportunities according to individual preference and needs
- Acquire knowledge of the different types of opportunities available
If you'd like to attend a course with zoom support sessions please visit our training page and book onto a course. Alternatively if you prefer a self study option please contact the training team on 01785 413162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.