Postcode Community Trust - Community Grants
Wed 18 May 2016
The Postcode Community Trust's Community Grants scheme has opened to applications from registered charities and community groups for projects that advance community development.
It provides short-term funding to good causes in Great Britain that promote community development and demonstrate positive change through access and engagement. The Trust seeks to help groups participate more fully in activities within their community, especially for those who may feel isolated through disability or age.
Funding is available for activities that:
- Work in innovative ways to relieve older people's isolation.
- Support people looking after others.
- Enhance volunteering opportunities.
- Promote community arts projects.
- Promote team/group sports and activities that benefit communities.
- Provide/enhance places for sport and recreation.
- Promote interaction of different generations.
- Promote a community's social history.
Grassroots organisations, local charities and non-profit community businesses that are seeking to effect positive change within their local area are eligible to apply.
Grants range from £500 to £20,000 for those in England.
Deadline for applications to Round 2 is 31 May 2016.