Peer Supporters Needed!
Tue 12 Mar 2019
Do you have lived experience of mental distress and want to use this experience to support others going through something similar?
Together is a national charity that works alongside people with mental health issues on their journey towards leading independent and fulfilling lives.
The Tamworth, Lichfield, and East Staffordshire Your Way Service is an established community support service promoting positive mental wellbeing, recovery, and social inclusion. This is achieved through the developed programme of group activities & workshops, 1-1 person centred goal focused support, and the delivery of innovative Peer Support.
We are looking for people to become Peer Supporters who will use their lived experience of mental distress to support others with similar experiences towards better wellbeing.
The best parts of becoming a peer supporter:
- Meeting new people with similar life experiences
- Make a real difference to someone’s life
- Personal development opportunities through 4 day training course
- Variety of opportunities to be involved in at all levels within the organisation
- Build your confidence and social skills
- Feel a part of an encouraging and supportive team
- Add versatility to your CV
- Travel expenses paid
To find out more or to apply, get in touch with the Peer Support Coordinator:
Closing Date: Friday 05th April 2019.