NEWS from Sherratts Wood CIC
Mon 14 Jan 2019
Sherratts Wood has been in business for 9 years and we welcome customers from all over the county to our three sites. Sherratts Wood CIC offer services to individuals at the farm site, Burton-on-Trent or Lichfield with each setting offering different opportunities. We support individuals with learning disabilities, mental health disorders physical disabilities, Dementia and Alzheimer’s or individuals who have suffered with brain injuries. Individuals can choose to join us from 16 years of age with our oldest customer’s being in their 70’s. Burton-on-Trent and Lichfield centres also offer house the 65@ rooms specifically design for those individuals with Dementia and Alzheimers. Individuals can attend one day a week or all week and we can provide extra support to customers who require it in house. We are open 5 days a week from 10-4, 52 weeks a year with the exception of, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Recently at the farm site we have invested in a new building which will offer a brand new range of opportunities and activities for customers. The new building at the farm site of Sherratts Wood at Leigh (just outside Uttoxeter ST10 4PQ). We already offer an abundance of activities such as
- Animal care
- Woodwork and farm maintenance
- IT skills
- Arts and crafts
- Enterprise initiatives
- A varieties of purposely written courses eg garden machinery maintenance, first aid, health and hygiene, food hygiene, animal husbandry and gardening
- Vehicle maintenance
- Walking and orienteering
- Farm and bush craft activities and skills using our woodland area
The new two story barn has spaces for:
- A large fitness suite which houses specialist gym equipment, have sessions in yoga, zumba and dance. We will be offering individuals gym sessions with qualified instructors to enable a bespoke fitness programme.
- An Independent living suite, which will include a bedroom and small kitchen, which offers opportunities around Independent living.
- A fully equipped music room which will include DJ equipment and provide opportunities to play and learn to play music, equipment to make and produce videos using music.
- An arts and crafts room which will allow our customers to work on a project and enhance their enterprise ideas and initiatives
- A crystal therapy and well-being room
- Additional classrooms – where we will be able to extend the work we are already doing in literacy, numeracy and local history projects
We offer free taster days anyway but we will be extending those opportunities with open days and coffee mornings to all new prospective customers to come out and spend a session or a day with us and try out the new activities.
Please get in touch with Zoe Hall (Farm site Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org 07734 770336 to arrange your visit.