Nationwide Community Grants Programme
Mon 10 Jun 2019
The Nationwide Community Grants programme awards up to £50,000 to local housing projects that will strengthen local communities by supporting the most vulnerable by:
- Preventing people from losing their home
- Helping people in to a home
- Supporting people to thrive within the home environment
Nationwide believes doing what is right by their members and their communities is at the heart of what it means to be a building society. Following a member vote in 2007, Nationwide invests at least 1% of pre-tax profits to support good causes each year.
How it works
Charities, Community Land Trusts and housing co-operatives can apply for grants of between £10,000 and £50,000 to make a change in your local area. The applications will be reviewed and voted on by a regional Community Board, made up of Nationwide members and colleagues. And it’s more than just money, the funded projects will also get community and volunteering support.
We will prioritise organisations that:
- Illustrate a clear link to Nationwide’s ambition for everyone to have a place fit to call home and can demonstrate the impact their project will have on the local community
- Projects that are supporting people in housing need in original or creative ways. This includes both projects already delivering local impact and those carrying out research to find new ways to challenge the housing crisis
- Have projects/ideas that have the potential to be used by others across the country
- Have robust plans to measure and report on the difference the grant will make
- Can demonstrate sustainability beyond the life of the grant, by building the skills of staff and volunteers, diversifying funding streams and providing long-term solutions for the people they are helping
- That can evidence knowledge of local issues and have a network of local connections
You can apply for grants of between £10,000 and £50,000 via our website. Please read the full criteria list to see if you are eligible for funding.