Moorlands VCSE Locality Forum Report (March 2016)
Tue 15 Mar 2016
The Forum met on 1 March 2016 and had presentations on:
- Online public sector services from Matthew Gratton of Staffordshire County Council
- Services provided by Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce from Karena Pawlak of the Chamber [Find out more from www.staffordshirechambers.co.uk ]
- The Prevent agenda and what it means for the VCSE sector from David Smith of Staffs Moorlands District Council
- The Healthy Staffordshire Initiative from Lucy Gratton of Staffordshire County Council
Also Gail Edwards, District Commissioning Lead for the County Council in the Moorlands, gave an update on district commissioning and the re-design of services for children and families.
The full minutes will be circulated to those present and linked to our website when they are available but key points include:
- The children and families county pilot in the Moorlands will focus on Leek North with an expansion of Room 21 at Leek High and starting up a new food co-operative (the subject of a tender which was due in 10th March)
- There will be no bidding round or tendering for the district commissioning funds in 2016/2017. Instead the Moorlands Together Partnership has reviewed its priorities and will continue to fund some of the work commissioned in the current year, where this fits those priorities.
- The Staffordshire Cares website, with its Staffordshire Marketplace, is being re-designed to make it more accessible. [We may ask a rep from the County Council to come to our next set of Locality Forums to talk about this re-vamp and discuss any issues the sector has with inputting its information. If you have any issues you would like to raise please email them to email@example.com – wherever you are based in the county.]
- The Prevent agenda is particularly important to VCSE organisation with vulnerable service users, who may be at risk of radicalisation. To raise any concerns about an individual go to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01782 232054
We usually meet in the Support Staffordshire Training Room at High Street in Leek but it may be that organisations would like to meet in different venues during the year to take in Biddulph and Cheadle and make it more convenient for those based there. If you think this is a good idea, and if you could offer a venue for about 20 people in either town, please email email@example.com