HS2 Community and Environment Fund - Apply now
Fri 11 Sep 2020
No closing date specified
What is the Community and Environment Fund (CEF)?
The CEF fund has been created to add benefit over and above committed mitigation and statutory compensation to communities along the route that are demonstrably disrupted by the construction of Phase One of HS2 from London to West Midlands. In Lichfield District this will include:
- Drayton Bassett
- Swinfen and Packington
- Lichfield City
- Fradley and Streethay
- Kings Bromley
- Armitage and Handsacre
Who can apply for funding?
- Registered charity
- Fully constituted club, association or trust which is set up for charitable purposes
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Industrial Provident Society
- Community amateur sports clubs (CASC)
- Local authorities
- Other public sector statutory bodies such as a parish and town councils
- Local education authority
- Foundation school or college / Voluntary aided or controlled school / Independent school or college / Institute of further education / Academy schools / Institute of higher education (including universities)
Examples of CEF projects:
The below examples are purely illustrative and we welcome applications for any projects that will enhance the quality of life and the environment of communities disrupted by the construction of HS2.
- Improved pedestrian, equestrian, or cycle access not provided under statutory services;
- Landscape and nature conservation enhancement projects which increase biodiversity (including pop up interventions such as skip gardens);
- Enhancement or replacement of sports and recreational facilities;
- Improved access and enhancements to public open space;
- Provision of enhanced or new community facilities; and
- Refurbishment/re-use of historic buildings and monuments.
These examples are purely illustrative and we welcome applications for any projects that will enhance the quality of life and the environment of communities disrupted by the construction of HS2.
More information is contained within the attached guidance notes and FAQ's, and on their website which also includes an Eligibility Quiz and link to apply here:
If you need any help or advice regarding funding, please contact Claire Ferris via email: email@example.com