Growing Together and Thinking Differently project launch
Tue 9 Jul 2019
July 5th saw Harvey girls and Dads4Dads launch the "Growing Together" and "Thinking Differently" projects at The Family Hub, Abbot Beyne School.
The launch event was to open the "Thinking Differently" Lottery funded programme and the "Growing Together" gardening project, which forms part of the programme but is a community resource for local families and students from local schools.
Thinking Differently is underpinned by the 5 Ways to Wellbeing (New Economic Foundation) that consists of the following;
- A session for mums and children aged 5 years and under
- A dads session for dads and their children
- A parenting programme for whole families
- Transitional group aimed at students moving to or have recently moved to high school, struggling with confidence, relationships, behaviour etc.
- Gardening Group/ "Growing Together" for schools to refer into, ideal for students who need some "time out" from an educational setting
- Beyond Black belt, a partnership with a local martial arts group providing whole family active sessions to enhance family relationships and positive communication
For the "Growing Together" launch the doors were opened to The Family Hub where the gardens are based. 41 people attended the event to celebrate the amazing work that had beed achieved from an overgrown old caretakers bungalow to a flourishing garden hosting herb gardens, bug area, sensory games area for children, a poly tunnel, providing an educational element to the garden and encouraging young people and families to grow their own fruit and veg. The garden will be open to local families being supported by the service and to local schools, enabling them to refer students who need some "time out" of the classrom. Referrals will be taken starting from September 2019.
For more information about these projects contact Kate Wood, Operations Manager on 01283 533499 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org