Grant Alert: Southern Staffordshire Community Energy Fund Closing date: 30th November 2019
Thu 3 Oct 2019
Southern Staffordshire Community Energy Limited (SSCE) is a social enterprise, which was founded in 2011 and run by volunteers. As a type of co-operative known as a community benefit society, it owns two solar photovoltaic panel installations on community buildings in Whittington, and an installation on roofs owned by University Hospital of North Midlands Trust (UHNM).
You can apply for a grant of up to £2,000.
The surplus from its activities is utilised to create two Community Funds. The community fund arising from the UHNM project is committed to a project aimed at alleviating fuel poverty in North Staffordshire. The surplus from the other installations supports a General Community Fund which is available to community organisations in Lichfield & Cannock Districts to fund projects which address carbon reduction, energy savings and wider issues of sustainability.
We can support Constituted Community Groups, Constituted Voluntary Groups, Registered Charities, owners or leaseholders of community buildings and Social Enterprises based in, or working for the benefit of people in the Cannock Chase and Lichfield Districts.
Aims of the Project
- Improve the energy efficiency and reduce the carbon footprint of community buildings in the Lichfield district and to assist local community organisations in raising their related understanding and skill levels.
- Facilitate environmental projects run by local community organisations. This includes capital grants for the purchase of equipment and also for revenue costs for activities such as education, training and development of volunteers/staff, surveys, investigations and related activities in support of a project.
- Energy audits for a building
- Measures which will contribute to installation of renewable energy measures or improving energy efficiency
- Capital or revenue costs of other types of environmental projects
For more information and apply, please click here www.staffsfoundation.org.uk/grants/ssce-community-energy-grants/?dm_i=1T...