Funding source: The Woodroffe Benton Foundation
Wed 13 Feb 2019
Grants of up to £2500 are available to smaller UK registered charities for relief of hardship; care for the elderly; environment and conservation.
To be eligible, projects must address at least one of the following:
- Relief of persons in need, hardship or distress by reason of disaster or as a consequence of social or economic circumstance.
- Provision and maintenance of care and accommodation for the sick and elderly.
- Environmental conservation, preservation, protection and improvement, in particular where this would encourage the provision of access by members of the general public.
The next deadline for applications is 6 March 2019 for consideration at the April 2019 trustees meeting.
For further details visit the Woodroffe Benton Foundation website https://www.woodroffebenton.org.uk/
Funding is not normally available for the following:
- Organisations with an annual income of more than £1 million.
- Organisations that operate primarily outside the UK or for the benefit of non-UK residents.
- Places of worship seeking funds for restoration or upgrade of facilities.
- Students requesting a grant for tertiary education or a gap year.
- Educational organisations based outside the Derbyshire region.
- Museums, historical or heritage organisations.
- Medical research.
- Palliative care.
- Organisations that are not registered with the Charity Commission.
- Organisations that have not been operating for more than 12 months.
- Animal welfare organisations whose primary purpose is not conservation of the environment.
- Bodies affiliated to or a local branch of a national organisation, even when registered as a separate charity.
- Multiple grants to the same charity in a 12 month period.