FREE 'Supportive Communities' Training
Tue 15 Dec 2020
Limited dates remaining in January 2021
Do you support older people in your community?
- If someone needed information and advice on staying healthy and independent, could you point them in the right direction?
- What if someone wanted to learn how to video call their friends or family, could you help them?
- If you were concerned about someone’s safety and wellbeing, would you know what to do?
Not sure? Then the ‘Supportive Communities Training’ is for you!
‘Supportive Communities’ is a programme of work that supports older people to stay healthy and independent for longer. It’s about:
- Supporting people to stay connected with their local community.
- Helping people to find different solutions, so they can stay in their own homes for longer. This could be a new piece of daily living equipment or technology that supports independence.
- Encouraging people to look after their own health and wellbeing, so they can lead a healthy, happy and fulfilling life.
There are three FREE virtual bite-sized training sessions that can help you to gain new knowledge and skills in supporting older people.
Session 1: Signposting and Resources covers:
- Information, advice and guidance for older people on Staffordshire County Council’s website
- Using ‘Staffordshire Connects’ effectively
- Signposting to further support
Session 2: Communication & Safeguarding covers:
- Communicating effectively
- Dealing with a safeguarding concern
Session 3: Assistive Technology & Digital Skills covers:
- Daily living equipment and technology
- Digital skills
For more information on these FREE and informative sessions visit: https://www.supportstaffordshire.org.uk/events/upcoming-training
Training certificates will be provided.