FREE Overview - Safeguarding Adults at Risk (ONLINE)
Fri 13 Sep 2019
To access this training course you must be a member of Support Staffordshire or Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services.
This course has been updated in line with the Care Act 2014
This FREE course is suitable for workers in the health and social care sectors and has been mapped to the CQC Common Induction Standards.
This training course is for anyone who encounters adults at risk of abuse in the community, in a person’s own home, in a hospital, in a day care or residential setting. This includes formal and informal carers, volunteers, health and social care professionals.
- You can ensure you are trained adequately in the issues surrounding the safeguarding of adults at risk in just a few hours with this online training.
- You will explore commonly held attitudes towards adults at risk and how these impact on the service provided.
- You will discover how values and attitudes can block recognition and effect the decisions professionals make regarding taking action.
- The training outlines the signs, indicators, definitions and types of abuse including unintentional harm.
- The course also reflects on the law, including key legislation and guidance regarding issues of consent and duty of care.
- Finally, it is explained what to do if you have any concerns, what your responsibility is, what happens next and the role and responsibility of managers.
This course includes scenarios to help you to think about what you would do in a given situation.
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Relevant Regulations
- Definitions and Useful Terms
- Roles and Responsibilities
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
NOTE: There is a limited number of ONLINE registrations available so register early by emailing Support Staffordshire's Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.