Community Housing Fund
Fri 1 Nov 2019
Grants are available for a wide range of community-led organisations to support delivery of new affordable homes across England (excluding London) up to March 2020.
The Community Housing Fund is provided and administered by Homes England.
The objectives of the Fund are to:
- Increase housing supply in England by increasing the number of additional homes delivered by the community-led housing sector.
- Provide housing that is affordable at local income levels and remains so in perpetuity.
- Deliver a lasting legacy for the community-led housing sector in the form of an effective and financially self-sustaining body of expertise within the house building industry in England.
Bidding is open to all organisations which are, or intend to become, constituted as a body corporate, or an equivalent form of constituted body.
Eligible organisations include (but are not restricted to) the following:
- Registered charity.
- Company Limited By Guarantee.
- Community Benefit Society.
- Co-operative Society.
- Community Interest Company.
- An organisation of another type operating as a social enterprise and principally reinvesting their surpluses for social benefit.
- Registered Provider.
- Local authority.
Local authorities or Registered Providers may apply on behalf of community groups and, in those cases, the lead bidding organisation will remain directly accountable for the funds, where appropriate.
For further information visit this link.