Community Enabler service - local expressions of interest wanted from organisations in Burton
Mon 22 Oct 2018
Could your organisation contribute to a collaborative style approach to improve outcomes for families with dependent children in Burton-upon-Trent?
In East Staffordshire, Staffordshire County Council wish to commission a consortium of providers that will deliver a Community Enabler Service focusing upon the following 4 themes:-
- To reduce families in debt by early engagement with existing support services to help families to manage / reduce their debts
- To increase employment by an improved uptake in 'back to work' programmes
- To improve children's good level of development (GLD) Early Learning Goals through an improved take up of the Think 2 childcare offer
- To improve collaboration between statutory organisations and communities by providing a local community resource that can help shape improvements using resident input / experiences, linking particularly to the Community Safety.
A focus for the consortium of provider(s) must be upon:
- empowering families and raising aspirations
- promoting a family focus
- support with developing skills
- encouraging healthy lifestyles and community safety
- links into training, education and employment
- community involvement, responsibility and a sense of ownership
- building relationships with police, fire, social services, schools, health services etc.
- having a local cultural awareness and knowledge of different faith groups in Burton
- where possible, to be able to speak in local languages other than English
Full details can be found on the attached document.
If you wish to submit an expression of interest, please return this form electronically by emailing it at the latest to
by 5pm on Friday 2nd November 2018