Carers Hub - VCSE Feedback and Staffordshire County Council Response
Tue 14 Nov 2017
Support Staffordshire work:
In early 2017, Support Staffordshire were asked by Staffordshire County Council (SCC the lead commissioner) and the Carers Partnership Board to engage with local VCSE organisations who supported Carers. In particular they asked us to gain some feedback upon how the relationship with the Carers Hub could be improved.
In March 2017, we undertook discussion workshops at 7 locality forums. Across Staffordshire 75 people attended the workshops from 62 VCSE organisations.
We prompted the following questions as part of small group discussions:
1. How aware are you that any carers you are working with can be referred to the Carers Hub for an assessment of need and a range of support.
2. Did you know carers may be entitled to a personal wellbeing budget to support them in their caring role and/or their personal health and wellbeing?
3. How much do you know about and use the information and signposting service of the Carers Hub?
4. How do you best believe the various services and community-based support available to carers could be joined up and developed with the Carers Hub service? AND what role do you think the Carers Hub could have in making this happen?
5. What else would like to tell us about support for Carers in Staffordshire and how it could be improved?
You can find a summary of our findings submitted to SCC in May 2017 here.Summary of our findings submitted to SCC in May 2017.pdf
You can find the feedback to these findings from SCC here Feedback from Staffordshire County Council.pdf