CANNOCK: Community Buddy.
Thu 11 Feb 2021
Support Staffordshire are looking for a community Buddy volunteer. As a Community Buddy you will volunteer in support of a Social Prescribing Link Worker to support people in your local community to access services and groups with the aim of supporting them to engage with their community, reduce their isolation, increase confidence and improve wellbeing.
Key tasks might include:
• Befriending and supporting an individual to help reduce their social isolation (at the moment due to Covid restrictions, this is likely to involve meeting a client outdoors for a walk and talk type session or through telephone befriending).
When restrictions are eased it may include:
• Supporting and motivating an individual to attend local activities or join local groups
• Accompanying people to groups and activities
• Working with an individual build on the assets and connections that they already have
• Encouraging peer to peer support within local organisations and groups
• Acting as a mentor to an individual.
We are looking for:
Caring and kind individuals who are good at listening and communicating with people from all walks of life.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact: -
Caroline Bradford on 07375393051, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.