Burton Job Fair Hailed a Success
Wed 22 Jun 2016
The Burton Mail reported the success of the recent Jobs Fair which was attended by Support Staffordshire.
The newspaper reported how the event was attended by hundreds of people who were seeking to get back into work or who were looking to change careers. More than 500 people visited the event which was organised by East Staffordshire's Worklessness Action Group, whilst 44 employers and partners manned stands.
The full article is attached below.
In addition, Burton Jobcentre Plus released the following statistics about the event:-
- Jobseeker attendance was 510
- 42 Employers and Service Providers attended
- 50 job interviews were arranged
- 47 candidates were offered work at the event
- 23 training places were booked
- 422 job applications were made on the day
- 209 follow up appointments were made for further discussion with applicants