What is Team Staffordshire?
Team Staffordshire is a voluntary sector led partnership, who co-operate to increase investment into Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent; and also to influence public policy for the benefit of local communities. Specifically:
a. Team Staffordshire will work together to develop, co-design and deliver contracts; specifically though not limited to:
Employability and Skills
- Children, Young People and Families
- Social Care and Older People
- Adults with multiple and complex needs
- Mental Health
- Physical Wellbeing
- Sustainability and Environment
Through Team Staffordshire our aim is to avoid duplication, build on the existing capacity and avoid displacement of the VCSE sector, ensuring value for money and long term sustainability is achieved.
b. Team Staffordshire will work together to bring the views of its core members, their constituencies and the wider VCSE sector to the attention of statutory partners, in order to inform strategic and operational plans and ensure that funding allocated to Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent supports the delivery of local plans.
c. Team Staffordshire will act as a forum for senior leadership representatives of the VCSE sector in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent to discuss, debate, collaborate, coordinate and where appropriate to represent the sector, in matters of high level, cross-cutting, strategic and public policy. We will where appropriate develop our own policies and strategies that engage VCSE organisations in working with public sector bodies and partnerships (including the Local Economic Partnership- LEP) to develop solutions to local social, economic and environmental problems.
d. Team Staffordshire will provide a mechanism for such bodies to engage with and consult the VCSE sector in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire both generally and, more specifically, in developing service specifications as part of commissioning arrangements that support the achievement of increased social value from public expenditure.
Who is involved in Team Staffordshire?
Team Staffordshire is made up of four local umbrella bodies:
1. Sports Across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, as the county-sports partnership
2. Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services (SCVYS); and
3. Support Staffordshire as the current VCSE Strategic Partners to Staffordshire County Council
4. VAST as the recognised VCSE infrastructure body for Stoke-on-Trent
Plus up to five bi-annually elected representatives of local VCSE providers. Elected in 2017 they are currently:
5. North Staffordshire YMCA
6. East Staffordshire Family Support
7. The Beth Johnson Foundation
8. Age UK South Staffordshire
10. The Community Foundation for Staffordshire or another representative of local funders
11. Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce or another representative of local business
12. Two representatives of local District/Borough councils, as chosen by those councils; currently South Staffordshire Council and Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
13. A lead from each recognised Team Staffordshire Delivery Partnership; currently Business Enterprise Support (BES) who lead BBO South Staffs and Stafford
Team Staffordshire was initially formed to bring VCSE partners across Staffordshire together to bid for the Big Lottery - Building Better Opportunities Fund in 2015. With this success of having developed a vehicle of collaboration and having identified both contract leads and delivery partners across the VCSE sector capable of delivering quality services it was agreed in 2017 that Team Staffordshire should continue to develop the partnership to secure further funding and service delivery, led by local VCSE organisations, benefiting individuals or causes across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent. In early 2018 it was agreed to extend the remit of Team Staffordshire to encompass the previous VCSE Strategy & Policy group; to better enable the discussion, coordination and influencing of public policy that is now intertwined with funding and investment into the VCSE sector and local communities.
For further details contact the chair:
Garry Jones, Chief Executive, Support Staffordshire, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01785 413160 (Stafford Office) Or 01543 303030 (Lichfield Reception)