Support Staffordshire enables a diverse range of groups in the field of safer communities. Safer communities include traditional organisations such as local Neighbourhood Watch Groups as well as organisations working in newer fields of safety such as cyber safety and the night-time economy. Our work involves close relationships with key statutory bodies including Staffordshire Police and Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service with whom many groups also work in partnership.
Here are some of our members to give you an idea of the sorts of groups we support
How we work with groups
Support Staffordshire works with the following groups
- Safer Neighbourhood Panels – We have supported the establishment of these panels in Cannock, Lichfield & Tamworth, encouraging a diverse panel of residents to become involved.
- Prevent agenda – This features awareness training at all our locality forums across Staffordshire to help voluntary and community organisations’ understand the issues and be able to support their clients.
- Let’s Work Together – Linked to community safety, this project is delivered in Lichfield & Tamworth, and includes an e-learning product which can be used across Staffordshire.
- We can link groups to funding available through the Community Safety Agenda at local and county levels.
Main partners and organisations
We work closely with local authorities as well as Community Safety Officers, Police, Fire Service, and the Police & Crime Commissioner Office.
Support Staffordshire attends the following Partnership Boards
- Prevent Board (at a county level)
- At locality level we attend the Local Strategic Partnerships where there is a Community Safety agenda item, with local Community Safety Officers in attendance.
Follow our Twitter List on Community Safety for the latest news.
For further information, or an informal chat, about how we can help you on this subject or any other, please contact your locality office during their opening hours, or on 0300 777 1207 anytime Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org