THE RIGHT START: Involving Volunteers
This training is funded by Staffordshire County Council. To access this session for FREE you must be a member of Support Staffordshire or Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services. Support Staffordshire reserves the right to charge you for your booking if you are not a member.
100% of previous participants said they would recommend this course. This is what they said:
- Content was thorough, enough topics covered.
- Made me think differently in my approach.
- All aspects valuable. Started the course with no real insight, now have a sound knowledge.
- Tutor was fab! Very knowledgable and spoke well.
- Very good session, thank you!
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at both paid staff and volunteers who support other volunteers within an organisation.
Volunteers are a valuable resource providing the backbone of many community organisations, and without whom, many groups would not exist. This introductory session is a great place to start learning best practice in recruiting, supporting and retaining volunteers.
• Why people volunteer and the importance of motivation
• Volunteer Policy – what does a ‘good’ policy look like?
• Recruitment – writing good role descriptions to recruit effectively
• Supporting volunteers
• Retention of volunteers – reward and recognition
FREE places are restricted to TWO per organisation for this session so please check with your organisation before booking. Additional names can be added to a waiting list.
**Members failure to attend a FREE course without prior cancellation will result in your organisation being charged for your place at the standard half day member rate of £45**
The Hub | 17 Eastgate Street | Stafford | ST16 2LZ