THE RIGHT START: Committee and Trustee Roles and Responsibilities
This training is funded by Staffordshire County Council. To access this session for FREE you must be a member of Support Staffordshire. Support Staffordshire reserves the right to charge you for your booking if you are not a member.
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at new or existing committee members and trustees who would like to know more about their role and responsibilities.
Committees and trustees have specific duties and share ultimate responsibility for how an organisation is managed and run. This introductory session will help both new and existing committee members and trustees focus on what they need to know to manage an organisation well. It is important to be fully aware of the legal implications and responsibilities if something should go wrong.
• The role of a trustee or committee member
• An overview of different legal structures for organisations
• The different roles and skills required on a committee or board
• Overview of a constitution
• Charitable purposes and their importance
• The mechanics of holding effective meetings
ONLINE via Zoom