THE RIGHT START: Adult Safeguarding Awareness
This training is funded by Staffordshire County Council. To access this session for FREE you must be a member of Support Staffordshire. Support Staffordshire reserves the right to charge you for your booking if you are not a member.
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at individuals who work or volunteer with adults who may be vulnerable to abuse.
This introductory session will provide participants with an understanding of what to look for to safeguard adults from harm, how to recognise abuse, respond effectively and refer appropriately.
- An overview of the legislation relevant to adult safeguarding
- The risks associated with vulnerable adults and how to help lower these risks
- An explanation of 10 types of abuse
- Recognising signs and symptoms of different forms of abuse
- How to deal with a disclosure of abuse
- Referral and reporting procedures - the internal processes and the responsibility of local authorities
Due to Covid-19 we ask that participants bring their own food and drinks for the day.
Great Bridgeford Village Hall | Great Bridgeford | Stafford | ST18 9PU