THE RIGHT START: Adult Safeguarding Awareness
This training is funded by Staffordshire County Council. To access this session for FREE you must be a member of Support Staffordshire or Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services. Support Staffordshire reserves the right to charge you for your booking if you are not a member.
100% of previous participants said they would recommend this course. This is what they said:
- Was all useful as I had no previous training.
- All aspects most valuable.
- Enjoyed the interaction , learning others experiences.
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at individuals who work or volunteer with adults who may be vulnerable to abuse.
This introductory session will provide participants with an understanding of what to look for to safeguard adults from harm, how to recognise abuse, respond effectively and refer appropriately.
• An overview of the legislation relevant to adult safeguarding
• The risks associated with vulnerable adults and how to help lower these risks
• An explanation of 10 types of abuse
• Recognising signs and symptoms of different forms of abuse
• How to deal with a disclosure of abuse
• Referral and reporting procedures - the internal processes and the responsibility of local authorities
FREE places are restricted to TWO per organisation for this session so please check with your organisation before booking. Additional names can be added to a waiting list.
**Members failure to attend a FREE course without prior cancellation will result in your organisation being charged for your place at the standard half day member rate of £45**
Support Staffordshire (East Staffordshire) | Voluntary Services Centre | Union Street | Burton upon Trent | DE14 1AA