THE RIGHT START - Adult Safeguarding Awareness
Who should attend:
Individuals who work or volunteer with adults who may be vulnerable to abuse
This half day course is designed for anyone who comes into contact with adults who are potentially at risk. It will enable learners to understand what to look for and how to safeguard adults from harm.
The session will cover:
- An overview of the legislation relevant to adult safeguarding
- Understand why vulnerable adults are at risk and how to help lower their risk
- Types of abuse – we will cover all 10 areas of abuse explaining what each one is
- An awareness of the signs & symptoms of different types of abuse
- What should you say if someone discloses that they are being abused? What should you not say? What should you do? We will cover best practice for responding.
- Referral and reporting procedures – what are your internal processes and what must the Local Authority do
By the end of the training you should be able to recognise abuse, respond effectively and refer appropriately.
This training is funded by Staffordshire County Council. To access this session for FREE you must be a member of Support Staffordshire or Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services. We reserve the right to charge you for your ticket if you are not a member.
Free places are restricted to two per organisation for this session.
**Members failure to attend without prior cancellation will result in you being charged the standard half day member rate of £45**
Talke Library | Springhead Primary School| Kingsley Road Talke Pits | Staffordshire | ST7 1RA