Supportive Communities Training Session 2: Communication & Safeguarding
‘Supportive Communities’ is a programme of work that supports older people to stay healthy and independent for longer. It's about:
- Supporting people to stay connected with their local community.
- Helping people to find different solutions, so they can stay in their own homes for longer. This could be a new piece of daily living equipment or technology that supports independence.
- Encouraging people to look after their own health and wellbeing, so they can lead a healthy, happy and fulfilling life.
This is one of three virtual bite-sized training sessions available.
In session TWO we will cover:
- Communicating effectively
- Dealing with a safeguarding concern
In this session you’ll learn ‘active listening’ techniques and you’ll explore the importance of body language. There will be information on how to engage effectively with people, for example, you’ll learn techniques on how to build confidence levels. The session will also cover how to deal with safeguarding concerns – what to say, how to respond and who to report them to.
Training certificates will be provided.
You can find information on the other 'Supportive Communities' training sessions HERE.
ONLINE via Zoom