Supportive Communities Training Session 1: Signposting and Resources
‘Supportive Communities’ is a programme of work that supports older people to stay healthy and independent for longer. It's about:
- Supporting people to stay connected with their local community.
- Helping people to find different solutions, so they can stay in their own homes for longer. This could be a new piece of daily living equipment or technology that supports independence.
- Encouraging people to look after their own health and wellbeing, so they can lead a healthy, happy and fulfilling life.
This is one of three virtual bite-sized training sessions available.
In session ONE we will cover:
- Information, advice and guidance for older people on Staffordshire County Council’s website
- Using ‘Staffordshire Connects’ effectively
- Signposting to further support
In this session you’ll explore Staffordshire County Council’s website, which contains lots of information, advice and guidance to help older people stay healthy and independent. You’ll get a tour of Staffordshire’s amazing online directory called ‘Staffordshire Connects’. This provides details about hundreds of different care, support and wellbeing organisations, local activities, clubs and community groups taking place across Staffordshire.
You’ll also receive information on how to signpost to further support. This will focus on issues that have become more relevant due to COVID-19, such as mental health, bereavement and debt.
Training certificates will be provided.
You can find information on the other 'Supportive Communities' training sessions HERE.
ONLINE via Zoom