Supporting Volunteers with Additional Needs
This training is funded by Staffordshire County Council. To access this session for FREE you must be a member of Support Staffordshire or Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services. Support Staffordshire reserves the right to charge you for your booking if you are not a member.
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at volunteer managers and project co-ordinators.
There are many benefits to both volunteers and organisations when you involve volunteers with additional needs. Diverse volunteer teams bring different perspectives and skills to your organisation. However you may be unclear how to recruit or are not sure how to support them well.
- Benefits to the volunteer and to the organisation
- How to identify suitable roles and match to the individual
- Recruitment of volunteers and developing inclusive promotional material
- Barriers to those with additional needs
- Effective person-centre support and supervision
- Best practice around discrimination and reasonable adjustments
ONLINE via Zoom