Sight Loss Awareness Training
FREE Sight Loss Awareness training
If you know anyone who is living with sight loss and you’d like to know the best ways to communicate with and guide a blind or partially sighted person, or you’d like to know more about eye conditions and their impact, then Beacon can help!
Beacon’s Sight Loss Awareness Training (SAT) offers a friendly and fun three-hour training session that will enable you to:
- Learn how to safely guide a person with sight loss appropriately, negotiating stairs, doors and chairs
- Experience what it is like to be visually impaired using our sight loss specs
- Gain information about aids and equipment that can help visually impaired people
- Gain an understanding of the most common eye conditions
- Learn the importance of eye health
- Understand the emotional impact of sight loss
- Know more about the services Beacon Centre offer to people living with sight loss
You will gain confidence to better assist and support people living with sight loss, as well as a certificate upon completion of the session.
The training is open to both individuals and groups.
Beacon Centre for the Blind, Sedgley, WV4 6AZ