Preparing to Volunteer Workshop
***THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED***
DELIVERED BY SUPPORT STAFFORDSHIRE
This is a 10 hour course spread over 4 x 2.5 hour sessions. Attendees must be able to attend all dates as follows: 23rd January | 30th January | 6th February | 13th February 2020 | 09:30 - 12:00 each day.
Are you new to volunteering? Are you thinking about volunteering but are not sure where to start? Would you like to find out more about what it involves and what your responsibilities are?
Whatever your circumstances, this short course will help you understand volunteering, support you in your place of volunteering or find an opportunity that is right for you.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand why organisations need volunteers and the benefits of volunteering
- Identify attributes of a good volunteer and a good volunteer involving organisation
- Have a basic understanding of volunteering and the law
- Have an understanding of what to do when things go wrong and how to deal with difficult situations
- Identify barriers to starting volunteering and learn strategies of ways of how best to overcome barriers
- Develop strategies to raise positive thinking, build self-confidence by identyfying personal skills and qualities
- Identify suitable types of volunteering opportunities according to individual preference and needs
- Acquire knowledge of the different types of opportunities available
Refreshments provided. Lunch not included
For local parking information visit www.parkopedia.co.uk and enter the venue postcode.
The Guildhall, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1PW