Preparing to Volunteer
This short course will help you understand volunteering, support you in your place of volunteering or find an opportunity right for you.
Are you new to volunteering and are interested in continuing? Are you thinking about volunteering but are not sure where to start? Would you like to find out more about what it involves and what your responsibilities are?
This is a 10 hour course completed over 4 weeks. It will involve a combination of 1 hour weekly webinar sessions and offline self study and individual support. You must live in Staffordshire to join this course.
The dates for the weekly webinars are as follows:
- Wednesday 9 June 11:00 - 12:00
- Wednesday 16 June 11:00 - 12:00
- Wednesday 23 June 11:00 - 12:00
- Wednesday 30 June 11:00 - 12:00
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand why organisations need volunteers and the benefits of volunteering
- Identify attributes of a good volunteer and a good organisation
- Have a basic understanding of volunteering and the law
- Have an understanding of what to do when things go wrong and how to deal with difficult situations
- Identify barriers to starting volunteering and learn strategies of ways of how best to overcome barriers
- Develop strategies to raise positive thinking, build self-confidence by identifying personal skills and qualities
- Identify suitable types of volunteering opportunities according to individual preference and needs
- Acquire knowledge of the different types of opportunities available
Alternatively if you prefer a self study option please contact the training team on 01785 413162 or email email@example.com.