Preparing to Volunteer
Who should attend:
Are you new to volunteering?
Are you thinking about volunteering but are not sure where to start?
Would you like to find out more about what it involves and what your responsibilities are?
Whatever your circumstances, this short course will help you understand volunteering, support you in your place of volunteering or find an opportunity that is right for you.
At the end of this course participants will:
• Understand why organisations need volunteers and the benefits of volunteering
• Identify attributes of a good volunteer and a good VIO
• Have a basic understanding of volunteering and the law
• Have an understanding of what to do when things go wrong and how to deal with difficult situation
• Identify Barriers to starting volunteering and learn strategies of ways of how best overcome barriers
• Develop strategies to raise positive thinking, build self-confidence by identifying personal skills and qualities
• Identify suitable type of volunteering opportunities according to individual preference and needs
• Acquire knowledge of the different types of opportunities available
REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE. LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED.
The Guildhall, High Street, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 1PW