An Introduction to Effective Trusteeships Within a Community Setting (Venue: Leek)
This is an 18 hour programme delivered in a community setting over 5 sessions of 3.5 - 4 hours..
The course is aimed at groups and individuals currently or potentially working with communities across Staffordshire, increasing skills knowledge and understanding about how to effectively run a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation, in particular those people with direct responsibility for developing its direction.
The aims of the programme are;
- To develop an understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Charity trustee and effective governance.
- Understand the role that community organisations play within Communities to help improve quality of life.
- How to effectively run and maintain a Voluntary /Community group for the betterment of life within that community.
- How to develop a strategy for working collaboratively both inside and outside your organisation
- Understand the need to develop a plan in order to ensure a sustainable future
This session dates and times are:
SESSION 1 - Wednesday 15th June - 1.30pm to 5pm
SESSION 2 - Wednesday 22nd June - 1.30pm to 5pm
SESSION 3 - Wednesday 29th June - 1.30pm to 5pm
SESSION 4 - Wednesday 6th July - 1.30pm to 5pm
SESSION 5 - Wednesday 13th July - 1.30pm to 5.30pm
Please note that as this training is being funded by Staffordshire County Council there is a requirement to attend a minimum of 80% of the course which equates to 4 of the 5 sessions.
Support Staffordshire Staffordshire Moorlands, 9 High Street, Leek, ST13 5DZ