Effective Trusteeships within a Community Setting
One Day Course
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at groups and individuals running a ‘not for profit’ organisation in particular those with direct responsibility for developing its direction.
This course provides a comprehensive guide to the role of a trustee. It expands on our introductory Right Start session ‘Committee and Trustee Roles and Responsibilities’ to include collective responsibility and liabilities. It also covers conflicts of interest and benefits in detail as well as learning how to effectively govern an organisation. The course will provide an understanding of the key stages and benefits of collaboration and also the tools to leverage what is available on a local and national level to assist with effective planning.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a committee or charity trustee
- Be able to implement effective governance
- Understand the role community organisations play within communities to help improve quality of life
- Be able to develop a strategy for working collaboratively both inside and outside an organisation
- Be able to develop a plan for a sustainable future