Half Day Course
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at staff and volunteers who are new to data protection and need to understand their responsibilities.
This course aims to teach the basic obligations of data protection and ensure organisations feel confident that they are following best practice as well as the law. This course will also provide an overview of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) and its impact on data use and storage.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand legislation including the new GDPR regulations
- Understand the 8 principles of data protection
- Learn best practice in how to keep data secure and what rights individuals have
- Know when data can and can’t be shared
- Understand how data protection is enforced and what happens when data breaches occur